The United States Sailboat Show is a large, exciting event but it can also be overwhelming. Here are some tips on how to prepare for your visit for smooth sailing:
- Buy tickets in advance online: Avoid long lines the day-of by procuring your admissions tickets in advance. Children ages 6 and younger are free!
- Driving and parking recommendations: For GPS purposes, the location of the show is 1 Dock Street, Annapolis, MD 21401; however, visitors are encouraged to park at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium (Gate 5) from which a free shuttle will be provided to the show. Stadium parking costs $10. Other parking possibilities exist, but this by far the easiest option.
- Local accommodations: As the United States Sailboat Show draws incredibly large crowds it is imperative to make hotel arrangements as soon as possible if you are coming in from out of town. The Annapolis Boat Shows, the host of the event, has compiled a resource for finding local accommodations. If hotels are booked up, you can always try Airbnb or an overnight charter with Cruise Annapolis!
- Check the weather: Before packing for traveling to Annapolis, keep an eye on the weather forecast. When it comes to autumn on the Bay you never know if you’ll need a jacket or a t-shirt, and you surely don’t want to pack the wrong wardrobe!
- What to leave at home: According to the event host, no pets are allowed and strollers are highly discouraged for safety reasons.
The Atlantic Cruising Yachts team will be exhibiting the North American debut of the Astrea 42 and Annapolis debut of the Ipanema 58 at our booth on Dock F1. Stop by to see these incredible Fountaine Pajot yachts and to participate in live Business Yacht Ownership® program seminars. Learn how it is possible to offset 80-100% of new yacht costs.