As more and more clients are reaping the benefits of our Business Yacht Ownership® program, and interest at the boat shows has skyrocketed, we’ve seen some imitators springing up with less comprehensive programs. We asked Bill Lahr, an independent accredited fiduciary, tax strategist, and certified financial planner, with Archetype Advisors, what questions should clients be asking about the Boat as a Business® program? Bill advises many of our clients on the BYO program and has seen imitation programs, which he found lack the experience, independent oversight, and flexibility of the Atlantic Cruising Yachts program. Continue Reading…
The largest boat show on Florida’s Gulf Coast is set to kick off on December 1, 2016 – the 39th annual St. Petersburg Power & Sailboat Show. The show will be held through December 4 at the Duke Energy Center for the Arts Mahaffey Theater Yacht Basin and Albert Whitted Park in St. Petersburg.
In a YouTube post about the new FP 47 video, CP asked:
“The dingy platform is interesting. Do you think it’s reliable? I like the idea, but would be concerned about the complexity and additional systems to worry about. I noticed they are also offering traditional davits.”
Chris, thanks for your comments. The reliability of the platform is a common question. It is hydraulic. A system that has been used on power boats, farm equipment, and other heavy industrial equipment that undergoes rough usage day in and day out and offers superb reliability under the most adverse conditions.
That’s why this system was chosen–for it’s heavy duty, robust capability.. It has been carefully designed so that when up, it is totally clear of the tunnel and it’s resulting stern wave. It goes down to the level of the stair platforms just above the water, providing a lounge terrace as shown in the pictures, and, finally, it lowers beneath the water for launching of the dinghy or scuba divers. Unique on a sailboat at this time, but a sign of things to come.
The Annapolis Sailboat Show 2016 crowds are gone, but the boats are still here at Atlantic Cruising Yachts!
We invite you to our Annapolis, Maryland location Open House on Saturday, October 22 from 11 AM – 2 PM.
Here are some of the hot topics people were talking about at recent boat shows:
The Annapolis Boat Show is in just two days, from Thursday, October 5 until Monday, October 9.
Attendees will get the opportunity to climb aboard some of the sea’s most extraordinary boats. They will be able to tour and learn more about the world’s finest vessels and state-of-the-art equipment while browsing through vendors’ tents and stocking up the latest and greatest sailing gear.
Something to keep in mind is that while this show is one not to miss and garners a lot of attention, the crowds often make it difficult to easily navigate through the show and can be overwhelming.
The Grand Daddy of all in-water sailboat shows in the world. The first show. The one show not to miss.
- When: Oct 4-8, 2018
- Where: Annapolis City Dock
Here’s where you can see it all:
- Typically over 300 boats, fully rigged and equipped the way you want to use them–in the water.
- Small boats, dinghies, life-rafts and the rest on land.
- Several circus tents of equipment displays, often manned by the owner’s and experts of the companies.
- Vacation (Charter) basin–all of the major charter companies represented as well as our affiliates and our Annapolis charter company, Cruise Annapolis.
- Live mini-seminars featuring tax experts and owners–At our ACY/Cruise Annapolis floating tent display in the Vacation basin.
- Brokerage boat basin
- Information and lecture series–sign up at boat show site, and/or get tickets in advance! CLICK HERE.
- VIDEO To give you the flavor, and show you where our home office is, On the Harbor–It all started some 45 years ago in annapolis, because this is arguably, the first and biggest in-water show in the world!
Visit us in Annapolis!
- We have virtually all of the Jeanneau and popular Fountaine Pajot models in Annapolis now available to see, charter or for an ASA sailing course.
- Open house at our office, Sept. 17th, 10:00-2:30. Get a sneak preview.
- Boat show prices in effect now, but you will have a much better choice of delivery dates if you talk to us now. Also, some stock boat specials, and pre-sale of demo and boat show models happening now. Call us for the latest information. 410-263-2311 or email@example.com
Visit ACY Anytime:
Curious why Annapolis is the number one place to shop for a boat? We’ll tell you why it is, how to get here, and what to see and do. Plus, we’ll provide you with links and resources to make your trip easier. For charters, or ASA courses, visit Cruise Annapolis.
Upcoming boat shows…
Miami Feb. 14-18, 2019
- See and learn more about Jeanneau and Fountaine Pajot Sail and Power boat models.
- Seminars on our Boat Business program. Talk to base managers and owners. Tax seminars with extended Q& A sessions.
- Management, charter and ASA course information
- Yacht consultants can reserve a priority production slot, provide pricing and answer your questions.
In this post:
- Get pricing in advance
- What’s happening, places to stay, things to do.
- Products you’ll see
- Sign up for seminars, charters, sailing courses
- Detailed instructions for getting there, Ferries, parking, Boat show layout, dealing with Uber and important links…