Fun In The Sun Yacht Charters, our affiliate in Fort Lauderdale, offers bareboat and captained sailing charters from its base in Fort Lauderdale. This is the perfect gateway to the cruising grounds of Biscayne Bay, the Florida Keys, and the northern Bahamas. A Bimini sailing trip from Ft. Lauderdale is perfect for a week-long cruise. Other Bahama sailing destinations include, Grand Bahama, West End, Port Lucaya, The Abacos, Green Turtle Cay, Marsh Harbor, Hope Town, the Berry Islands, Great Harbor, Chub Cay, Cat Cay, and Nassau. A week long Florida Keys sailing trip includes such destinations as Miami, Biscayne Bay, Key Largo, Islamorada, Marathon, and Key West. You can even sail as far as Fort Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas. If sailing to Key West or the Dry Tortugas you may want to sail the boat one way and drop the boat off in the lower keys or have the boat pre-positioned in Marathon or Key West, all of which can be arranged by the base manager.
Advantages to Business Yacht Owners
- Florida offers miles of inland waterways, beautiful Gulf Coast passages…a winter sailor’s paradise!
- Explore the Bahamas, Biscayne Bay, and the Florida Keys from the convenience of a base in Fort Lauderdale
- Domestic flights easily accessible from major international airports
- Easy access to Miami and Biscayne Bay, as well as short hop to Bimini
- Excellent resources for yacht service and maintenance
- Great hopping off point for the Florida Keys, the Bahamas and Caribbean
- As much as 15 weeks or more of charter revenue potential
Maximum Flexibility and Unlimited Owner Use
Many of our yacht owners also enjoy their boats as winter vacation homes. An easy weekend or mid week escape from the Northeast or Midwest with regular and inexpensive flights into Fort Lauderdale or Miami International Airport from major carriers and low cost airlines such as Southwest. Some of our owners may enjoy cruising in Annapolis or New England during the summer months, returning to Florida or the Bahamas each winter for the prime cruising season.
Offset 80% – 100% of Ownership Costs with Only 8-10 Weeks of Charter
Yacht owners can expect between 5 and 15 weeks of charter utilization per season. This revenue, combined with the normal small business tax deductions, can cover 80% to 100% of the costs of ownership, including loan payments, for individuals with tax brackets of 30% or more. Owner use is unlimited, and yachts may be moved to other locations for the off season for additional charter weeks and enjoyment.