Base your new yacht in downtown St. Petersburg, and enjoy cruising Florida’s beautiful west coast! Or Follow-the-Sun with summers based in Annapolis or Newport.
Home to Atlantic Cruising Yachts’ newest Fountaine Pajot sales office and our local charter affiliate, Sailing Florida Charters, Saint Petersburg on Florida’s “Cruising Coast” has much to offer as a winter escape and cruising destination. Stay tuned for more details to come.
Advantages to Business Yacht Owners
- Florida’s “Cruising Coast” offers miles of inland waterways, beautiful Gulf Coast passages…a winter sailor’s paradise!
- Explore Sanibel and Captiva Islands, Key West and the Dry Tortugas!
- Easily accessible from Tampa International Airport – 20 minutes away
- Saint Petersburg and Saint Petersburg Beach have much to offer as a vacation or winter destination
- A variety of beautiful island anchorages, laid-back ports, high end resort marinas, and exciting urban harbors
- Excellent resources for yacht service and maintenance
- Great hopping off point for the Florida Keys, the Bahamas and Caribbean
- 5-10 weeks of charter revenue with minimal wear and tear
Prime Location in the Heart of Downtown Saint Petersburg
Sailing Florida Charters, our affiliated yacht management and charter company, has been located in the heart of downtown Saint Petersburg for 15 years. Berths and services are offered at the exclusive Marriott Vinoy Resort and Marina. Within walking distance to Beach Drive and the growing list of world-class restaurants and all the best attractions including the Dali Museum and the Saint Petersburg Yacht Club.
Maximum Flexibility and Unlimited Owner Use
Many of our yacht owners also enjoy their boats as winter vacation homes. An easy weekend or mid week escape from the Northeast or Midwest with regular and inexpensive flights into Tampa International Airport from major carriers and low cost airlines such as Southwest. Some of our owners may enjoy cruising in Annapolis or New England during the summer months, the prime cruising season for that area.
Offset 80% – 100% of Ownership Costs with Only 5-10 Weeks of Charter
Yacht owners can expect between 5 and 10 weeks of charter utilization per season. This revenue, combined with the normal small business tax deductions, can cover 80% to 100% of the costs of ownership, including loan payments, for individuals with tax brackets of 30% or more. Owner use is unlimited, and yachts may be moved to other locations for the off season for additional charter weeks and enjoyment.