The leaves are starting to change colors and we are entering into October which means one thing – it’s boat show season!
Boat and yacht enthusiasts and experts will be gathered around the docks in Annapolis for the 50th United States Sailboat Show on October 10-14. This is the world’s largest and most prestigious sailboat show and it’s all happening right by Atlantic Cruising Yachts. Want to get the best boat show experience? Follow these tips to ensure your trip is smooth sailing:
1. Map out your day. The first thing you’ll need is tickets. Avoid long lines the day-of by ordering tickets online in advance. Children ages 6 and younger are free! The U.S. Sailboat show also provides a list of exhibitors and a map of the show you can print out in advance.Plan your route to hit the places and boats you want to see during the show. Step aboard the new Fountaine Pajot Elba 45 for her North American debut at Dock B. The show also has several interactive workshops and live seminars. Our team will be hosting multiple live seminars about our popular Business Yacht Ownership® program. It’s a valuable opportunity to learn from our experts about how you can offset 80-100% of new yacht costs.
2. Fuel up with food and drink. Don’t forget to make time in your schedule to grab some food. If you have time for a leisurely lunch visit Pusser’s Carribean Grille Restaurant on the waterfront and order their iconic drink the ‘Painkiller.’ See the boats cruise down Ego Alley and enjoy the views of the show at Pusser’s dock bar, which is just a short walk from all the action.
3. Preview the boats in advance. If you’re near Annapolis before the show, you can see almost all the Fountaine Pajot and Jeanneau yachts without the crowds. Make time to attend the Pre-Boat Show Open House at Atlantic Cruising Yachts on September 21st from 10 am – 4 pm. Step aboard our huge inventory of sailing and motor yachts including almost every Jeanneau model available for purchase. Say hello to Sailing Doodles and take advantage of better-than-boat-show pricing.
4. Wear the right gear. Be prepared to be asked to remove your shoes to step aboard the boats. Easy slip-on shoes like boating shoes with non-slip socks are ideal. Remember to leave your backpacks and pets at home because they are not allowed. Strollers are also highly discouraged for safety reasons. Check the weather in advance to see if you’ll need a foul weather jacket, sunscreen, or sunglasses.
5. Figure out parking, directions, and accommodations. For GPS or ride-sharing apps, the location of the event is 1 Dock Street, Annapolis, MD 21401. Boat show visitors are encouraged to park at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium and take the free shuttle bus from the Navy Stadium to the boat show. Buses run continuously from 9 am until one hour after the show closes. This is the easiest option, but you can find other parking options here. The show brings large crowds so it’s important that you make hotel or Airbnb arrangements as soon as possible if you’re coming out of town. The U.S. Sailboat Show has a list of local accommodations that will help you find a place to stay in the Annapolis area.
Stop by Atlantic Cruising Yacht’s booth at Dock F1 to see the latest Fountaine Pajot and Jeanneau yachts and participate in live Business Yacht Ownership® program seminars. Don’t miss the long-anticipated North American debut of the Elba 45. See you at the show!