The United States Sailboat Show is right around the corner, where sailors from around the globe gather on miles of docks and attendees can experience the largest selection of Fountaine Pajot and Jeanneau yachts in America, including the brand new Saona 47 and Jeanneau 440.
Want to get the most out of your boat show experience? We’re going to let you in on some secrets!
- Get your tickets in advance to avoid long lines and delays
- Wear slip-on boat shoes with no laces that you can slip on and off easily for touring boats. Consider purchasing non-slip socks. These can be found in drug stores near the medical supply items.
- Bring an easy to carry bag for extra clothes, possible bad weather, boat gear, and brochures.
- Speaking of bad weather, be prepared for any conditions. We’ve had snow in the fall and spring and 90 degrees plus.
- Plan your route and the most important places to visit during the show. Allow some flexibility. You may want to be in the tents when it rains, and on the boats, when it’s nice and sunny out. Here you can find a list of exhibitors and a layout that you can print in advance.
- If you’re focused on a particular boat, go to that dealer/Sales Associate in advance and work with them to get a finance approval.
- Talk to the dealer in advance and arrange to do a contingent purchase agreement subject to financing or whatever on a stock boat and take it off the market.
- Find out what specials are available and/or if there are any stock boats at even better prices available. If you have a trade, make up an inventory listing on it and print copies to take with you. If at all possible, visit the dealer in advance prior to the show.
- Plan your time wisely. If you want bargains, now’s the time. From bad weather gear to display boats, if they’re not sold by now, nobody wants to take this stuff home.
- Preview the boats in advance. If you’re anywhere near Annapolis, you can see virtually any of the boats at the dealerships a weekend or two before the show and actually have time to talk to someone who is knowledgeable.
While at the show, learn how you can offset 80-100% of new yacht costs through our Business Yacht Ownership® program. Our experts will host daily seminars on how you can benefit from this worthwhile program.
See you there!
Disclaimer: The information, views, opinions, and conclusions expressed in any article, blog, video, or other form of media posted or linked herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atlantic Cruising Yachts, LLC. Nothing contained herein has been approved or otherwise endorsed by Atlantic Cruising Yachts, LLC and such company shall have no liability for any content.
ESE, LLC is totally responsible for the content of this article. We are not tax advisers. You should obtain tax advice from a professional tax adviser for any matters relating to setting up a business, or tax implications.